Saturday 24 September 2011

The hidden valley


I have been walking the Downs to the north of Brighton & Hove for more than 50 years now so it would not be unreasonable to suppose that I know every hill, every valley and every path within a small radius. But still I manage to surprise myself with new discoveries. This week I set out intending to park beside the playing fields in Waterhall and spend a little while on Sweet Hill before returning to the playing fields to throw a tennis ball for Fern. Unable to park in my usual spot, I drove on to park beside the football changing rooms. I set off across a football pitch towards the Brighton Rugby Club pitches and clubhouse at the end of the valley. A track tempted me round a corner and, to my surprise, I found that the valley didn't end at the rugby club but did a 90 degree turn and carried on. Past the Council site for burning diseased elm trees I found this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment